$20M HNT Tokens Misallocated By Binance🚨
In brief —
Events Under the Spotlight 🔎
A vulnerability was found in Ethereum vanity address tool
1inchNetwork disclosed a vulnerability that some of their contributors had found in Profanity, a tool used to create "
vanity" wallet addresses by Ethereum users.
- In June 2022, a
1inchcontributor received a strange message from
@samczsunregarding the suspicious activity of one of the
1inchdeployer wallets, as well as Synthetix’ and some others:
At least 5 deployers of different projects claimed the same airdrop:
There seems to something funky going on with the $FORTA airdrop. We can assume there is a personal connection between the wallets or shared private key from the deployers claiming below and the address the tokens are transfered too… All transactions: etherscan.io/token/0x41545f…
BAYC 8941 fell for a Scam
BAYC 8941 was scammed and then scammers changed their OpenSea pfp to the AP watch from my HZ/Chase thread.
The scammer looks similar to the one who stole 1 BAYC & 4 Otherdeeds three weeks ago from
Helium Network’s native HNT token hit by an accounting bug at Binance
- Binance is down some 4.8 million HNT tokens that were erroneously disbursed to users, many of whom quickly sold the tokens for profit, the people said.
- At Friday’s prices those assets were worth about
- The erroneous payouts appear to stem from how Binance tracks token deposits from Helium network, a popular decentralized internet connectivity project, the people said.
Attackers exploited a vulnerability in the Dogechain
According to a tweet from
@0xCrumbs, Dogechain was compromised, and the hackers used the flaw to generate 9.7 million $Doge (about $600,000) and send $316,000 over a cross-chain bridge.
Before Merge, Vitalik lookalikes boost their ETH phishing campaigns
- Scammers were actively utilising verified Twitter accounts to impersonate Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin and defraud investors as a result of the hype around the Merge.
- Hopefully, some researchers took a closer look and identified that about
$90ksiphoned off on the day of the Merge.
Trending Blog of the Week📈
Want more Such Security Blogs & Reports?
Connect with QuillAudits on :