Biggest crypto wallets hacked, with losses in the tens of millions🚨
In brief —
Events Under the Spotlight 🔎
ZB Crypto Exchange Loses Nearly $5M
- Crypto exchange ZB Exchange has paused user withdrawals, likely in response to a suspected hack that appears to have drained nearly $5 million in tokens from the firm’s hot wallet on Tuesday.
- Funds were drained from more than 20 cryptocurrencies.
Reaper Farm Lost $1.7M From Exploit
- Reaper Farm, previously known as Reaper finance, was hacked.
- The yield aggregator on the Fantom network had its multi-strategy vault hacked.
- The blackhat hacker took advantage of a critical vulnerability in the smart contract and started draining the vault.
- The smart contract flaw allowed the hacker to withdraw anybody’s assets to their account.
Nomad crypto bridge fell for $200
- The exploit was made possible by a misconfiguration of the project’s main smart contract that allowed anyone with a basic understanding of the code to authorize withdrawals to themselves.
- Exploiters unusually removed tokens, as each token was removed in nearly equivalent denominations.
- For example, transactions with exactly 202,440.725413 USDC were executed over 200 times.
- Below are the affected tokens in the bridge exploit.
Solana ecosystem hit by the hack, 8000 hot wallets drained
- The multi-million Solana crypto hack that drained over 8,000 wallets worth around $8 million has been linked to accounts tied with the Slope mobile wallet app.
Trending Blog of the Week📈
Our recent article focuses on —
➚Introduction to DApps
➚Characteristics Of DApp
➚DApp Security Issues
➚Issues With DApps
➚Status Of DApp Hacks And Scams In 2022
➚How To Stay Secure And Preventive Methods To Adopt For DApp Security
Check out the link below to learn more👇